EAC Executive 2013-2014
Chair: Barbara Lee
Vice-Chair: Beverley Cairns
Secretary: Louise Beney
Treasurer: Melanie Morel
Special projects: Dorothy Collin, Patricia Reimer
The Elora Arts Council (EAC) was organised in 1985 by a group of community-minded artists and musicians and supporters who were willing to volunteer thier time to develop the local arts scene. It was incorporated in 1985 as a non-profit organisation.
EAC members are committed to the encouragement and promotion of the arts in the Centre Wellington area, in various venues and through a wide variety of projects. It has the following objectives:
a) to facilitate greater understanding and enjoyment of the artistic and cultural life within the region;
b) to stimulate and encourage the creation and support of artistic activities at the professional and amateur levels;
c) to provide workshops and seminars wherin local and regional groups can work with professionals;
d) to communicate news of artistic and cultural events.
EAC's objectives are expressed at present through a number of EAC projects:
- The Elora-Fergus Studio Tour,
- Insights Juried Art Show,in conjunction with the Wellington County Museum.
- Youth Music Concerts
- The Elora Writer's Festival
- Art In Public Places,
- 'Communique',a quarterly newsletter.
- At present,EAC also has four associated groups: Puppets Elora, the Gallery Music Group,Elora Community Theatre, and The Elora Poetry Centre.
- In addition the Yamaha Grand Piano at the Wellington County Museum is owned and monitored by EAC.
Follow the progress of our projects on our website http://www.artscouncil.elora.on.ca/
EAC operates on a low budget, is entirely volunteer, and is open to new ideas for programs and projects in any area of the arts. Its warm and friendly meetings take place the first Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm. Members and potential members are welcome. Phone (519) 846-9638 for our meeting place which changes from month to month.