Guelph Arts Council (GAC) is a charitable organization that champions and supports arts and culture in Guelph. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual for the shared role of Manager of Programs & Operations. Within a small staff team, the successful candidate will work closely with their partner in the role, and the Executive Director, to support GAC’s mission.
The successful candidate will be passionate about art and community, and contribute to GAC’s mission with their programming vision and communications acumen. Specific duties will include:
Communications (lead): championing GAC members, programs, and projects, and building awareness of the value of the arts, through semi-monthly e-newsletters, social media, and guelpharts.ca; providing staff support to related volunteer committees; and supporting the development of communications plans. The position will also be responsible for co-managing the spring 2021 launch and the ongoing content development and service plans for a new guelpharts.ca website
Programs (lead): in collaboration with GAC staff and volunteers, implementing and evaluating GAC programs, events, and projects, including volunteer recruitment and management, and supporting the creation and development of new opportunities and community partnerships through programs and projects
Membership (support): assisting with membership processing, managing renewals, and delivering member benefits (when required)
Operations (support): assisting with maintaining financial records, administering invoicing and payments, banking, and financial reporting; maintaining electronic and hard files (when required)
The position also supports the hiring, training, and supervision of seasonal staff and co-op or practicum students.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and relationship-building skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to oversee concurrent projects, timelines, and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment, and to lead volunteer groups
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and some familiarity with website content management systems
- Experience with social media and communication, design, virtual meeting and events platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, YouTube, and Zoom. Familiarity with Mailchimp, Jotform, Canva, Eventbrite and/or similar online tools is an asset
- Experience in planning and delivering arts programs and events
The ideal candidate will have a background in the arts, and be knowledgeable about the issues, opportunities, and challenges in the sector. Video-editing skills and knowledge of accounting software, preferably Quickbooks, would be assets, but are not required.
This part-time position is 20 hours per week, with opportunities for project-based increases. Some evening and weekend work is required. The starting salary is $20,100 annual plus a benefits package. Expected start date is May 3, 2021. Guelph Arts Council is located in downtown Guelph, Ontario.
Please submit your resumé with cover letter by email only no later than 11:59 pm on Thursday, April 8, 2021. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send applications to:
Patti Broughton, Executive Director