Guelph Arts Council (GAC) is a charitable organization that champions and supports arts and culture in Guelph. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to work with staff and volunteers as a Digital Strategies Assistant.
This position will support Guelph Arts Council in growing and sustaining digital services to Guelph-area artists and arts groups, building on the spring 2021 launch of a digital cultural hub.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
1) assisting with planning and implementing online arts services and programs, including professional development webinars for artists and a booking service for safe, outdoor live performances
2) supporting artists and arts groups who use guelpharts.ca's membership services (profiles, event calendar, networking, e-commerce, performance booking)
3) collaborating with GAC staff and site content partners to build the site's arts education and career resources
4) test and iterate digital service delivery processes, and document learnings for long-term application
5) support the ongoing communications plan for the site by planning, writing, and sharing web/enews articles and social media posts.
Strong organizational and computer skills are required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and to seek assistance/clarification when required. Experience with website maintenance and social media platforms is also required. Experience with graphic design software and online video conferencing platforms is an asset. Some administrative and/or customer service work experience is also an asset.
We expect the position to begin May 24. The hourly rate is $14.25. The position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and youth aged 15 – 30 are eligible. The hours will total 280 but the hours/week and end date will be determined. Due to COVID-19, the position will be performed remotely until restrictions ease. Guelph Arts Council is located in downtown Guelph, Ontario.
Please submit your resume with cover letter by email only no later than Sunday, May 9, 2021. Please use “Digital Strategies Assistant application” as your subject line.
Send applications to:
Patti Broughton, Executive Director