Date Posted: May 31, 2022
Application Deadline: Aug 24, 2022
Start Date: Sep 05, 2022
Hourly From: $20/hr To $30/hr
Region: Halton Region
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Contract
Career Level: Doesn’t apply
Innovative Arts Inc.
Innovative Arts is a dramatic arts studio for youth in Oakville Ontario. Innovative produces high quality youth musical theatre productions, On-Camera short films and specialized educational oppourtunities for their students.
The AFF Program Director designs and facilitates the Acting for Film Classes and Episode Studies. They teach and direct the Advanced students as they workshop and film episodes of a TV show on set at the end of the term. They must create an exciting, safe and fun environment to learn the skills needed to excel in Acting for Film. Their goal is to have each and every program member end with greater artistic skill, self-confidence, friendships than when they started.
Teach and Direct
- Build a professional but personal relationship with each student understanding their strengths and weaknesses to challenge them.
- Adapt to many skill levels and age groups
- Build students acting vocabulary and technique
- Prepare staff and students for Production
- Direct students and crew on set for Production
Motivate and Inspire
- Have each student understand their character and ensure memorization deadlines are upheld by each student.
- Build confidence by reinforcing successful moments
- Instill a greater love and appreciation of the performing arts
- Build a strong sense of self-worth, high personal goals, and teamwork.
- Develop and Manage scripts and show content
- Meet with Creative Team and Production Team
- Coordinate Schedule Shoot Days, Rehearsal dates and Editing with the management team
- Meet with Core team to manage the program
- Manage and Assist fellow coaches
Extensive experience in theatre acting and on camera acting
Experience on set
Classroom management and teaching experience
Administrative and organizational skills
Tuesdays – 4:30pm-9:00pm
Wednesdays – 4:30pm-9:00pm
Optional Additional Teaching Dates
Saturdays – 1:00pm-5:00pm
Mondays – 5:00pm-9:00pm
Thursdays – 5:00pm-9:00pm
Summer Teaching Oppourtunities
Teaching Rate – $30 per hour
Prep Rate for Meetings and Administration – $20 per hour
Studio Address: 355 Wyecroft Road Unit D, Oakville Ontario
How to Apply:
Please send CV to Sophie Lea McLeod