Click here to access the application.
About Our Organization
When you join the City of Guelph, you join a team of 2000 full and part-time employees who deliver services the community relies on every day. Together, we are bringing to life Guelph’s vision of an inclusive, connected, and prosperous city where we look after each other and our environment.
As a regional top employer, the City of Guelph values its employees and offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, opportunities for professional development, a healthy work-life balance, and many roles with flexible work options. Our corporate values are integrity, service, inclusion, wellness, and learning. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
The City of Guelph Recreation Division offers a variety of recreation art programs for people of all ages and abilities in weekly sessions throughout the year. Reporting to the Recreation Program Coordinator, successful candidates will lead a fun and motivating setting for group art classes, and be inclusive to all participants. We offer a variety of classes at various locations – West End Community Centre, Victoria Road Recreation Centre, Evergreen Seniors Community Centre and Guelph Sports Dome.
Hours of work
Depending on the program(s) the instructor is hired for; the hours will include the program time and up to a 15 min for preparation and 15 min for take down. Additional hours may be available.
Programs we are hiring for may be on weekdays, weeknights and weekends.
- Plan and develop programming for art specific programs
- Create a welcoming environment for all participants
- Communicate with the program team
- Responsible for the health and safety of participants and complete incident/accident forms when needed
- Ensure facilities and equipment are maintained and kept in an acceptable, safe condition.
- Act as a resource for program participants
- Provide an enthusiastic and exciting barre experience
- Provide fully inclusive programming to participants of all abilities and skill levels
- Provide modifications where required
- Ensure participant confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience in program planning, development, and implementation for specific age group
- Ability to respect and maintain participant confidentiality
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check is required at time of offer
- Standard first Aid with CPR C
- Full availability is required for scheduled program day and time
$30.00 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Friday, November 11, 2022. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.