Creativity comes in many art forms this summer! CreativeHub 1352 invites artists, artist collectives, groups, and makers to submit proposals to host workshops running from July 11-29th, 2022 at the Small Arms Inspection Building in Mississauga, Ontario.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 29th, 2022 at 5:00pm EDT
Application Form: www.creativehub1352.ca/apply-summer-arts-mississauga
CreativeHub 1352 is seeking submissions for Summer Arts Mississauga, running from July 11th to 29th on weekdays from 9:30am to 4:00pm (days/times vary depending on the length of workshops). Selected art and maker workshops will explore a variety of mediums, materials and themes, and will foster creative expression and experimentation.
Successful applicants will commit to leading their workshop for 1-3 days throughout the period of July 11-29th. Workshops should be catered towards participants aged 15 years and older.
Potential workshop ideas: visual arts (all forms), tie-dye, tapestry weaving, willow art, garden art, photography, simple wood making projects, textile art, mosaic art, drawing fundamentals, digital art, beading, etc.
The workshops will be held at the newly renovated heritage protected Small Arms Inspection Building, located at 1352 Lakeshore Rd. East in Mississauga. The space provides over 18,000 sf of well lit, air conditioned space within walking distance of a GO train and Toronto and Mississauga bus transit. Workshops can be held indoors or on the surrounding outdoor grounds.
Instructor fees are to be negotiated; proposed fees should include instructor fees and workshop materials.
Applications are open to individual artists and makers, artist collectives, educational organizations, groups, and not-for-profit or charitable organizations operating in Ontario and Canada.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2022
Artists notified of approval: Within 2 weeks of receiving the application.
Program Days: Monday to Fridays from July 11-29th, 2022 from 9:30am to 4:00pm*.
*Workshops are scheduled in consultation with the instructor and their availability
For additional information, and If you are interested in submitting a proposal to Summer Arts Mississauga, please apply online.
- Artist Statement: Tell us about yourself or your organization and your artistic practice as it relates to the workshop you are proposing to CreativeHub 1352;
- Workshop Description: Please provide a brief description of your proposed workshop and lesson plan, including a proposed participation fee;
- High Level Budget & Technical Description: The Budget should outline budget distribution, accounting for your instructor fee and material fees, itemized by category. The technical description should include a list of all foreseeable requirements including equipment and materials necessary for your Summer Arts Mississauga workshop.
- Visual Support Material: Please include 3 images to supplement your proposal. These can include images of your proposed materials, past work, etc.
- Visual Support Material List: Please include a short list describing the Visual Support Materials.
CreativeHub 1352 is a non-profit, charitable, community-driven organization which exists for the advancement of community cultural development through the arts, heritage, and environmental sciences. CreativeHub 1352 is one of many groups vital to the reuse of the Small Arms Inspection Building. All proceeds go to support community arts, heritage and environmental programs.