CALL TO ARTISTS
1st Annual International Women’s Day Art Show
King Heritage & Cultural Centre
Dates: March 5 – April 16, 2022
Submission Deadline: February 11, 2022, 11:59 pm
In partnership with Arts Society King (ASK), the King Heritage & Cultural Centre (KHCC) is pleased to announce its 1st Annual International Women’s Day Art Show to be held from March 5 to April 16, 2022.
In alignment with IWD’s 2022 theme exploring diversity, equity and inclusivity, the Show at the KHCC is inclusive of all abilities, experiences and orientations. This exhibition is open to emerging and established women artists and artists who self-identify as women.
Artists are encouraged to interpret this year’s theme of COMMUNITY through both their art and accompanying story. Artwork does not have to be created specifically for this show; artists may submit a piece from their inventory if they believe it reflects the theme of community.
Theme for 2022: COMMUNITY
Consider a community that is diverse, equitable and inclusive;
a community where difference is valued and celebrated;
a community free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination
What does community mean to you?
Visit the KHCC website for registration information and further details.
King Heritage & Cultural Centre (KHCC)
2920 King Road, King City, ON L7B 1L6
- All participating artists should identify as women and be 14 years of age or older.
- Artwork submitted must relate to theme of COMMUNITY as interpreted by each artist.
- An entry fee of $20 to be paid when the completed registration form is submitted.
- A wide range of media accepted (including work created digitally).
- Original artwork only (e.g. no photomechanical reproductions of paintings).
- Only one entry (one piece of artwork) may be entered into the show by each artist.
- Each artist must submit a story (prose, poetry or quote) of 75 words or less to accompany their work that offers insight to the viewer and enhances their interpretation of the show’s theme.
- Maximum size is 12 square feet for 2D work, preferably no wider than 4 feet across. Size restrictions may apply for 3D work (please contact us).
- Registration form and fee of $20 must be received by February 11, 2022 to guarantee a spot.
- The show is not juried but space is limited. All entries are accepted, provided the above guidelines are followed and gallery space is still available. Late entries or late artwork delivery may not be included.
- The KHCC may edit stories that exceed 75 words for the purpose of display.
- The KHCC will produce a label to include name of artist, title, medium, size of artwork and artist’s story.
- Sale of artwork is at discretion of individual artists. A commission of 20% to the KHCC will apply on sales.
- Please contact the KHCC in advance, if your work will require a case or specific hanging arrangements.
- Framed work must be clean and ready for gallery display (proper d-rings and wire for wall mounting).
- Artwork must remain in the show for the entire duration of the exhibit.
- KHCC and ASK may share photos of your artwork and story on social media for promotional purposes and as part of a long-term digital exhibit.
- Applications will be reviewed by our in-house panel made up of KHCC staff and Exhibitions Committee.
- The KHCC reserves the right to decline a submission deemed unsuitable for the Show.
DEADLINE: February 11, 2022 at 11:59 pm
[email protected] or King Heritage & Cultural Centre, 2920 King Rd., King City, L7B 1L6