Call for Submissions: FIBREWORKS 2022
Cambridge Art Galleries | Idea Exchange
Submission deadline: Monday, February 21, 2022
Submit online here
Cambridge Art Galleries invites submissions to Fibreworks 2022, a biennial juried exhibition of contemporary Canadian fibre art. Submissions of artwork in which fibre or textile is the principle element are welcomed from Canadian artists at all stages of their careers.
Now in its 19th year, Fibreworks was established in recognition of the regional textile industry that once flourished along the Grand River. The exhibition has also played a critical role in the development of Cambridge Art Galleries’ permanent collection of contemporary Canadian fibre art. Fibreworks 2022 will be juried by Yasmeen Nematt Alla (artist, writer, facilitator) and Hitoko Okada (fibre artist, curator).
Fibreworks 2022 is scheduled to be presented at Cambridge Art Galleries, Queen’s Square, from June 20 through September 11, 2022. Exhibition dates are subject to change in accordance with provincial regulations and public health guidelines. Artists presented in Fibreworks 2022 will receive artist fees in accordance with CARFAC fee schedules. Cambridge Art Galleries will coordinate and cover costs of shipping.
- Each artist is welcome to submit up to three works.
- Artwork must be completed within the last two years.
- Artwork must be ready to install and available to ship within Canada.
Please submit online:
- Images of up to three artworks (maximum 10 images/media files total)
- Title, date, medium, and dimensions (height x width x depth) of work(s)
- Installation requirements (if any)
- Artist statement/description of submitted work(s) (maximum 100 words per artwork)
- Biography (maximum 100 words)
- CV (optional)
Cambridge Art Galleries welcomes submissions from members of equity-seeking communities including women, Indigenous and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
For questions or assistance with the online submission portal, please contact Karly Boileau at [email protected]
All artists will receive notification of results by April 18, 2022.