Cambridge Sculpture Garden – Call for Mural Artist
Artist Fee: $1000
Location: Cambridge Sculpture Garden, 53 Grand Ave S, Cambridge, ON N1S 2L7
Application Deadline: Friday, August 12, 2022
Notification of application: Friday, August 26, 2022
Project Completion Date: September 12 – 30, 2022
Front Panel Dimensions for Mural: 53 inches wide x 58 inches height
*sides and back will be painted a solid colour
The Cambridge Sculpture Garden is looking for submissions from experienced muralists to cover the Bell utility box that sits on our property. The utility box is located at the edge of the garden and faces the busy street with automobile and pedestrian traffic. The goal of this mural is to attract people into the garden and add an additional art piece to our existing public gallery.
The subject of the mural can be to the artist choosing, but meet the following criteria:
- Sensitive to a diverse audience
- Responsive to the garden setting
- Eye catching
- Thought provoking
Murals must be completed onsite and be weather durable.
Supplies will be purchased by the Cambridge Sculpture Garden and the Bell Box Mural Project will treat the piece with an anti-graffiti varnish.
Please send via email:
- 2-3 images/sketches of the proposed work
- 3-5 images of previous completed work that best reflects your proposal, accompanied by a list detailing title, date, medium and location if applicable
- Artist Statement describing the subject and context of your mural idea (250 words maximum)
- CV or resume including current contact information and outlining previous artistic experience
Send all submission materials to [email protected] with the subject line YOUR NAME, Mural Proposal. Notification will be sent to all artists by Friday, August 26, 2022.
For more information or questions about this call for submissions, please contact:
Priyanka Khimasia , Project Consultant, [email protected]