GAC is looking for a dedicated Communications Specialist to help us promote our Arts programs, events and advocacy work to the Guelph Arts Community.
Terms of employment: $15/hr, full-time Canada Summer Jobs contract (Summer 2022)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting Guelph Arts Council (GAC) with the planning and coordination of cultural events and programs, including Art on the Street, Opportunity Knocks and other workshops, Guelph Emerging Artist Mentorship Project, Historical Walking Tours, and exhibitions at 10C Shared Space
- Assisting with the development and implementation of communications strategies for GAC and member events and programs, including writing, editing, and distributing e-news articles and social media posts, and guelpharts.ca updates
- Collaborating with GAC staff and volunteers on program and communications committees, including taking meeting minutes and contributing to committee work plans
- Targeted outreach to equity-deserving communities to extend services to diverse artists and to profile their artistic work through GAC communications channels
- Supporting GAC staff with arts user liaison and support for digital cultural hub
- General reception duties (telephone and in-person greeting, responding to inquiries, maintaining poster and brochure displays, email correspondence).
During the pandemic GAC staff have worked remotely effectively. While we have returned to our office this spring, we have the necessary experience, policies, and structures in place to support new employees in remote work.
Apply by June 3rd at 5:00pm
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]