Secondary School (Required)
working in a media lab: 1 year (Required)
Creative Studios Assistant
Part-Time Contract (12-18 months)
Old Post Office
Idea Exchange is a community hub comprised of the public libraries and art galleries for the City of Cambridge, a thriving city with a rich architectural heritage and the second largest community within the Waterloo Region. We are committed to supporting and inspiring our community in the exploration of reading, arts, innovation, and learning.
What You’ll Do
Our Creative Studios Assistants plan, organize and conduct Creative Studio programming for children, tweens, teens, and adults.
As a Creative Studios Assistant, you will:
· Train and assist members on the use of Creative Studio equipment and software
· Conduct general troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment, furnishings and software related to the Creative Studios
· Interact with members to encourage progressive use of Creative Studio equipment and software
· Promote Idea Exchange and the use of its services by conducting tours orienting new members to the facility and writing instructional guides for equipment and software related to the Creative Studios as requested
· Assist with developing community partnerships specific to the Old Post Office
· Make recommendations regarding the selection, acquisition, installation and implementation of Creative Studio equipment, furnishings and software
What You’ll Need to Succeed
To be qualified for and successful in the role, you should have:
· A post-secondary diploma in Digital Media Production or equivalent
· Experience working in a media lab
· Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud software as well as troubleshooting and maintaining digital lab equipment
· Experience working in a service environment dealing with the public and the ability to connect with people of all ages and offer hands-on assistance
· Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· An inclusive and empathetic approach and a service-oriented mindset
· A passion for supporting the diverse interests and needs of the Cambridge community
· Ability to plan and execute programming for children, teens, adults, and seniors
· Experience working with children or teens, programming and/or performance
· Familiar with current trends and technologies for children and teens
What We Offer
Working at Idea Exchange offers you the opportunity to be part of an organization that is welcoming, collaborative, and passionate about the community.
We provide fair market compensation, consistent and reliable work schedules, paid sick time, free parking, and a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, prescription drugs and vision. We also offer participation in the OMERS pension plan.
Pay: the starting rate of pay is $24.94 per hour
Hours: 29 hours in a two-week period in the Fall / Winter / Spring (partial), and 27.5 hours in a two-week period between Victoria Day to the end of Summer
Schedule: working various day, evening, and weekend shifts
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please apply by January 29, 2023
1. Tell us why we should consider you for this position! Please provide both a cover letter and resume, combined as a single PDF document.
2. Submit your application by email and you can find all the information here: https://ideaexchange.org/job-posting/creative-studios-assistant-part-time-contract-12-18-months
3. Please quote “23-08” Creative Studios Assistant” in your email subject line.
The anticipated start date for this position is February 2023.
The position is open to internal and external candidates. We thank everyone for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
· Idea Exchange aspires to employ a staff complement that fully represents the diversity of the community we serve. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
· Idea Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources.
A Security Clearance Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening may be required
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: From $24.94 per hour
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a post-secondary diploma in Digital Media Production or equivalent?
- Do you have experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud software as well as troubleshooting and maintaining digital lab equipment?
- Do you have experience working in a service environment dealing with the public and the ability to connect with people of all ages and offer hands-on assistance?
- Secondary School (required)
- working in a media lab: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-29
Expected start date: 2023-02-27