pplication Deadline: Sep 09, 2022
Start Date: Oct 04, 2022
Salary From: 25K To 30K
Region: Southwestern Ontario
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Part-time
Career Level: Middle management
Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony is one of Canada’s outstanding orchestras, presenting a diverse and rich concert season and garnering national and international attention for its artistry and musicianship as well as for its innovative programming. Its education and outreach programs serve a continuum of ages within its evolving community. The KWS continues to be the largest employer of artists and cultural workers and the most significant cultural asset for the Waterloo Region.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Development Grants and Communications Manager plays a key role in supporting the fundraising targets and communications of the Development & Donor Relations department.
This position reports to the Director of Development & Donor Relations with input from the Executive Director and supports the organization’s vision to inspire and unite our community through music.
The Development Grants and Communications Manager works with the Director of Development & Donor Relations and the Executive Director to identify projects, match them with grant funding opportunities, and develop grant applications and development communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and prepare grant proposals in a timely manner, including the research of their relevance and requirements, as well as the development of budgets, timelines and any other required documents
- Write effective grant applications, proposals and reports for private foundations, corporate foundations and government grants
- Liaise with multiple departments across the organization to project manage the completion of large multi-year government grant applications and reports
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Development & Donor Relations in fundraising $1.2M in government grants annually
- Manage a Foundation portfolio with a target of $150,000 annually
- Ensure the organization is maintaining accurate statistics and anecdotal data to be shared in applications and reports.
- Maintain an organized system to track project progress, deadlines and communications to ensure multiple grant applications can be managed simultaneously
- Submit reports to organizations to complete grant projects and sponsorship terms
- Support the department with creative writing of donor letters and newsletters
- Write KWS generic press releases
- Create content for KWS Impact Report and Annual Report
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development grant writing
- Exceptional English communication and editing skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and management skills.
- Knowledge of classical music and the orchestra and performing arts industry in Canada
- Demonstrated ability with multi-year government grants of up to $1M
- Knowledge of CADAC an asset
- Ability to create creative content for newsletters and donor letters
- Experience with customers and donors
- Proficient using Word, Excel and online grant application portals
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter that works well with minimal direction, and actively strives to keep busy
- Ability to work remotely. The KWS will follow all COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines to ensure safety and minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- A team player with a courteous and professional demeanor.
$25,000 annually for 20 hours per week
Possibility of working with a freelance writer who will invoice monthly.
Option for remote work or hybrid
How to Apply:
- Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why we are a good fit for you to Michelle Cutts at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until September 1, 2022. Please note that, if successful in the second round of interviews, candidates will be asked to share writing samples.