Director of Development Updated: 03-01-2022
Reports To: Executive Director
Starting Salary: $70,000
Apply by: March 28, 2022
1333 Lakeshore Road
Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7S 1A9 T: 905.632.7796 • F: 905.632.0278 AGB.life
The Director of Development will plan and implement a financial development and fundraising program to provide for the short- and long-term needs of the AGB in the achievement of their objectives.
Scope of Responsibility and Accountability:
- In consultation with the Executive Director, develop and execute a comprehensive development strategy that meets the AGB’s annual operating goals and lays continuing groundwork for increasing contributed revenues.
- Demonstrated extraordinary hospitality and care for donors and visitors through in-person interaction, written communication, and special opportunities to connect constituents with the AGB.
- Maintains a list of potential financial donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Produces relevant and informative fundraising literature for distribution to previous donors and the
- Research potential sources of and applies for grants and funding.
- Oversees the fundraising process and maintains records of receipts and disbursements of funds.
- Plans fundraising events that effectively communicate the purposes of the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Raises vital funds for the AGB in a cost-effective and time efficient manner
- Develops and executes a multi-tiered plan for immediate and long-term financial goals
- Secures financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Coordinates fund-raising special events
In this role, you will oversee all the AGB’s fundraising and sponsorships and manage the government financial
partners and relationships. You will support the financial objectives of the AGB through your initiatives
including but not limited to fundraising events, interacting with former and current donors to encourage ongoing
contributions, and seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships.
Your qualifications will support your success in executing on your deliverables and may include:
- 5+ Years in a Development role with an ability to demonstrate success against objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully closing major gifts and exceeding contributed income goals.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to connect with people
from diverse backgrounds as well as being able to inspire others through written and in-person
- Knowledge of visual arts and a passion for AGB programs and contemporary exhibitions. Familiarity
with contemporary art and the local arts and cultural community a plus.
- Experience in grant writing producing positive results.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of tax planning principles and techniques that favor charitable giving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Knowledge of CRM systems.
An interactive and creative space, the AGB welcomes creative thinkers and artists. It offers public tours and art education programs for all ages. Seven guilds create within the AGB, using studios dedicated to photography, hand-weaving, spinning, sculpture, woodcarving, fine arts, pottery and hooking craft.
To learn more about us go to: www.agb.life.com
How to Apply:
Please forward resume and cover letter attention Lina Jabra, Acting Executive Director. Send to [email protected] with the subject line: Director of Development by Monday March 28, 2022. Thank you for your application.
Expected start date: April 19, 2022
The Art Gallery of Burlington (AGB) is an award-winning, public gallery located in the heart of the city. It hosts as many as twenty exhibitions per year and is home to an acclaimed collection of Canadian contemporary ceramics.
We acknowledge that the land where we are located is part of the ancient Dish With One Spoon Treaty and
also the Brant Tract Purchase, Treaty No. 3 3/4 of 1795, 1797 and 2010, and we are grateful to the
Mississauga’s of the New Credit First Nation and the Six Nations of the Grand River for sharing this territory
We will make sure to provide you with the opportunity to gain experience and develop your skills if you promise to bring passion for the arts and a spirit to engage the community in it through the work you do each day.
Please forward resume and cover letter attention Lina Jabra, Acting Executive Director. Send to [email protected] with the subject line: Director of Development by Monday March 28, 2022.