Application Deadline: Apr 28, 2023
Start Date: May 01, 2023
Hourly From: $25/hr To $30/hr
Region: Hamilton Area
Employee Benefits: Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Check Additional Info section for more Employee Benefits
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate
Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts
The Hamilton Conservatory of the Arts has a mission to support, educate and champion the arts of music, dance, theatre, and visual arts in our region. The HCA and its partner organizations Arts For All and HCA Dance Theatre have a quest to create an environment where artistic instincts are encouraged, where artistic products of quality are displayed, and where the arts are a vehicle to stimulate personal and professional growth.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, ARTISTIC/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, HCA-AFA-HCADT
Reporting to the Artistic and Executive Director for Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts (HCA), Arts For All(AFA) and HCA Dance Theater (HCADT), the Executive Assistant will play a key role in the organization by providing administrative, HR, and project coordination support to the Director. Working in conjunction with the Artistic Director, you will act as the primary liaison for leadership, ensuring a seamless flow of operations among all three organizations.
The successful candidate will be well-organized, detail-oriented and will effectively manage deadlines and requirements, and has prior experience and knowledge of HR practices, employment legislation. A critical aspect will be the ability and personality to embrace and support all people in our community. Proven ability to build positive relationships across the organization partnering with internal and external stakeholders. The Arts environment is a creative, exciting and demanding one, and the ideal candidate will flourish within this type of environment. An understanding of the specific arts environment in Hamilton would be necessary for the position.
- Point of contact for Artistic/Executive Director, staff and external partners, focused on resolving issues and managing daily workflow and deadlines.
- Identify and streamline processes to assist the Artistic/Executive Director to optimize time and resources.
- Supervision on information workflow, accountability and procedures compliance by all members of the organization.
- Receive and respond to communications (e.g., invitations, requests) from outside stakeholders and the public, escalating priority information to the Director.
- Scheduling of appointments and meetings, extensive coordination of the agenda and maintain/ update Master Calendar
- Understanding of the long-term goals of the organization and monitoring of deadlines and priorities.
- Assist with monthly expense processing and creating accounting reports
- Development and maintenance of efficient project reporting, preparation of presentations and documents, monitoring and supervision of critical phases,
- Communication within each organization and documentation of project timelines.
- Assist with Policy Manuals for each organization; maintain Governance records including the Minutes of meetings with HCA/AFA/HCA DT.
- Supporting recruitment activities, maintaining and updating HR documents, and assisting the Artistic/Executive Director with other HRM activities; supporting the on-boarding activities, keeping up with current regulations and practices, updating HR policies.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in a not-for-profit, arts environment.
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-level governance with experience supporting recurrent processes (e.g., Board meetings, AGMs).
- Proficient communication skills; formal and informal writing skills required.
- Prior experience in recruitment and selection practices.
- Demonstrated meeting coordination experience – working with senior staff to coordinate dates, meeting invitations, agenda setting, meeting package coordination, onsite/virtual setup, minutes, follow-up.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites (SharePoint, Word, Docs, Outlook, Excel, Sheets) and remote tools (e.g., Teams, Zoom).
- Knowledge about employment legislation, such as Ontario Human Rights Code, ESA, OHSA, AODA etc…
- High level of professionalism with strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and written skills.
- Acute attention to detail and accurate documentation, records management, and reporting.
- Solid numeracy skills with experience managing and submitting budgets, expense claims and reports.
- Inherent demonstration of HCA’s core values: accountability, collaboration, compassion, respect.
Reporting to: Artistic / Executive Director
Hours: 30 hours a week.
Hourly Wage: $25-30
This position is based in Hamilton. Working on-site is required.
As part of our commitment to access and equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from individuals who are Indigenous, immigrant, LGBTQA 2S+; persons with disabilities; women, non-binary, and individuals from racialized communities and other equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
How to Apply:
Apply today! Submit a cover letter and resume in pdf format to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.