Date Posted: Jan 05, 2023
Application Deadline: Feb 01, 2023
Start Date: Feb 01, 2023
Salary From: 35K To 35K
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate
Established art gallery exhibiting Canadian and International Art.
Established art gallery is seeking a full time Gallery Assistant/Registrar with experience and knowledge of contemporary art.
- Install/uninstall exhibitions
- Packing/shipping/receiving artworks
- Lighting set up of exhibitions
- Photography of artwork and installations
- Website maintenance and updating
- Database updating
- Create graphics for exhibition advertisements, printed gallery material, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Experience and familiarity with exhibit installation/power tools an asset
- Good manual dexterity and ability to lift and carry objects
- Experience with the special care and handling of fragile artwork
- Knowledge of contemporary art a plus
Proficiency with the following programs/skills:
- Filemaker Pro
- Digital Photography
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mac OS
How to Apply:
Thanks, in advance to all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Please contact [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.
- Experienced candidates will be contacted with further information.