Application Deadline: Oct 14, 2022
Start Date: Oct 31, 2022
Salary From: 55K To 55K
Region: Halton Region
Employee Benefits: Health, Pension
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Middle management
Art Gallery of Burlington
The Art Gallery of Burlington (AGB) is an award-winning, public gallery located in the heart of the city. It hosts as many as twenty exhibitions per year and is home to an acclaimed collection of Canadian contemporary ceramics.
An interactive and creative space, the AGB welcomes creative thinkers and artists. It offers public tours and art education programs for all ages. Seven guilds create within the AGB, using studios dedicated to photography, hand-weaving, spinning, sculpture, woodcarving, fine arts, pottery and hooking craft.
The Art Gallery of Burlington (AGB) seeks a development professional with fundraising, donor stewardship and management skills to lead the fundraising development activities at the AGB, including soliciting and closing major gifts, cultivating prospects and donors, building corporate and foundation support, supporting public sector grant solicitation, and planning and executing special events.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in the arts, and knowledge of the arts and culture sector and/or philanthropic activities related to heritage and arts organizations. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects at one time. You have above-average communication skills—both written and verbal—and possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a variety of groups including internal staff, outside organizations, board members, volunteers, audiences, patrons, and donors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collaborate with the Executive Director to create and implement the development plan in support of revenue goals, expanding philanthropic cultivation, and aligning with strategic directions of the organization.
· Track and maintain fundraising targets, critical path(s), formulate strategies and design and implement programs to achieve annual fundraising objectives.
· Working with the Development & Fundraising Committee of the Board, develop and implement comprehensive donor strategies for securing major gifts.
· Sustain and grow donor audiences by developing partnerships, and by identifying, researching, qualifying and cultivating individual prospects from existing database and outside sources.
· Manage donor mailing lists and databases, ensuring privacy and confidentiality of donor information are respected.
· Working with Executive Director to draft fundraising proposals to foundations and corporations; prepare critical paths and assist with budgeting and reporting.
· Research and identify corporate donors and sponsors; develop a template to track corporate funding philosophy, particular areas of interest, and scope of potential gifts.
· Working with the Senior Curator and Director, Marketing & Communications draft fundraising templates for all upcoming exhibitions and educational programs.
· Manage annual fundraising events and other fundraising initiatives, including identifying and soliciting support from individual and corporate sponsors to achieve the success that is consistent with established goals and objectives.
· Oversee the fundraising component of CRM and develop a standard report to measure and track fundraising performance.
· Working with the Director, Marketing & Communications assist with content creation and distribution of development materials, including the preparation of development collateral for web content, brochures, marketing, newsletters, campaign communications, and play a key role in the design and implementation of fundraising social media strategies.
· Act as the primary staff liaison to the Development & Fundraising Committee.
· Work to further the goals and objectives of the AGB and participate actively in the institution’s life. Act in a respectful, accountable, and generous manner towards other staff, volunteers, and the general public.
· Demonstrate a positive professional presence, inspiring and building confidence both within the AGB and outside the institution among a broad range of constituencies.
· Demonstrates a commitment to the AGB’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion priorities, ensuring that diverse audiences are represented, promoted, and engaged.
Direct oversight and supervision of the following positions:
The ideal candidate is an ambitious and collaborative thinker with a strong sense of vision, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. In addition, they possess a dynamic personality, excellent written and verbal communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, solid project management, impeccable attention to detail, adaptability, multitasking and time management skills.
· Related education or work experience, preferably in the area of cultural and arts management, business administration, fundraising, sales or communications.
· Experience writing copy for the purposes of communicating value of a service or product.
· Proven ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, to problem solve independently and manage workflows and deadlines without supervision.
· Proficiency in working with customer relationship management systems preferred.
· Demonstrated literacy in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
· Office working environment
· Staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and adhere to all provincial public health regulations while at the AGB.
REPORTS TO: Director & CEO
POSITION TYPE: Full-time Permanent, 35 hours per week, with flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
REQUIREMENTS: Staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and adhere to all provincial public health requirements while at the AGB.
COMPENSATION: Salary $55,000, comprehensive health and dental benefits package, the potential to participate in OMERS pension plan, free onsite parking.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume that clearly indicates your relevant work experiences and a cover letter that describes your interest in the position at the AGB and qualifications in one pdf. Send to [email protected] by 5 pm on October 14, 2022.
The email subject line should read <title of position applied for> <followed by applicant’s last name>.
Kindly note that we will accept no phone calls or walk-ins. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled with selected applicants at mutually agreed times to ensure candidates do not experience undue hardship.