Tentative Start Date: May 29, 2023
Tentative Finish Date: Aug 18, 2023
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
This position is funded under Service Canada, Canada Summer Jobs Program
Working closely with GCF staff and volunteers, this position will support The Guelph Community Foundation with their 2023 event planning and marketing. The Marketing and Events Assistant will assist in planning, logistics and marketing support for our exciting new annual fundraising event to be held this winter by working with the Events and Fundraising
Working Group. Additionally, our Vital Signs community report, to be released this spring, requires media and marketing support to broadly distribute this important content to decision makers and community members throughout Guelph and Wellington region. With a passion for effective and creative storytelling, the Marketing and Events Assistant will be
responsible for updating all social media feeds with content that would include the promotion of our upcoming events. They would help with content updates for our website and creative marketing content for donor and fundholder communications. They will also attend staff meetings and assist with other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate for this position will be an independent worker who has strong computer skills. They would be extremely detail orientated, flexible, and passionate about working with people. They will also possess strong administrative, communication and presentation skills.
This is a full-time hybrid remote role, based on 30 hours per week (for 12 weeks) with some in office requirements. Applicants must live within a reasonable distance from Guelph, Ontario. As this position is offered through Canada Summer Jobs, applicants must be under the age of 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada with a valid social insurance number.
Pay: Guelph Living Wage $19.95/hour.
• Knowledge of Guelph, surrounding community, and non-profit social services sector
• Understanding of and experience with effective media communications methods and social media platforms
• Experience working at and in the promotion of special events
Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); can communicate in a variety of ways using clear and accessible language with a relationship building mindset
• Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively, experience working with volunteers
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Hootsuite, MailChimp and WordPress
• Ability to work remotely and independently
Submit your resume and a one-page cover letter to [email protected] by May 19, 2023
In your cover letter please answer the following questions:
1. Why would you like to work for The Guelph Community Foundation?
2. What was your favourite place to work and why?
3. What work/personal accomplishment are you most proud of to date?
The Guelph Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We invite applications from diverse populations and groups, including applicants who require accessibility accommodations. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
We thank all applicants; however only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
About The Guelph Community Foundation
The Guelph Community Foundation is a charitable public foundation whose purpose is to provide leadership in promoting community philanthropy and enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Guelph and surrounding communities. The Foundation pools the charitable gifts of donors into permanent, income-earning endowments. A portion of the annual earned income is then granted from the endowment pool which supports a wide range of charitable programs and activities. The office is located in downtown Guelph and the staff work in a hybrid model.
To learn more about us visit our website at guelphcf.ca or our follow us on social media.
Tentative Start Date: May 29, 2023