Terms: Part-time Contract: 21 hours / week
Rate of Pay: $20 / hour
Start Date: February 2023
End Date: November 2023
Working Conditions: Hybrid model (in-person and remote)
Language of work: English
We are currently looking for a Part-time Marketing and Development Assistant to join our team.
Oakville Galleries is seeking someone who is passionate about contemporary art and committed to working collaboratively in an environment that supports diversity and inclusion to fulfill the role of Part-ime Marketing & Development Assistant. The incumbent will support the needs of Oakville Galleries, its marketing projects, and its fundraising initiatives.
COVID-19 personal protective equipment is provided to the Marketing and Development Assistant. Masks and a minimum of two COVID-19 vaccines are required for all staff.
Nature and Scope of Position
Working closely with and reporting to both the Marketing & Communications Manager and the Development & Events Manager, the Marketing and Development Assistant collaborates with all departments to promote Oakville Galleries’ membership and to connect its audiences with programming, arts education, exhibitions, and events. This position plays a key role in the creation and production of digital content and print marketing materials such as sponsorship packages, brochures, one-sheets, graphics for social media, and online promotion as needed. The Assistant will also support fundraising events and targeted community outreach.
- Creates digital media, graphics, printed marketing materials, animated and/or video content and cross-promotion materials as directed, at times in tandem with partner organizations and at times for focused community outreach.
- Assists with communications for an array of events, including, but not limited to; fundraisers, artist talks, exhibition openings, membership and patron events.
- Assists with Oakville Galleries’ membership programs and membership renewal process.
- Supports the event planning and registration process, by maintaining accurate attendee, sponsor, and participant records in our CRM database.
- Supports in-person events, programs and exhibitions at Oakville Galleries.
The ideal candidate has recently completed a post-secondary education program in Marketing, Communication Design, Visual and/or Media Arts, Arts Administration or a related discipline and:
- has a minimum of 1 year paid experience in the areas of marketing, communications and/or membership in an art gallery, museum, arts, cultural, or non-profit organization.
- has knowledge of and a keen interest in contemporary art and community engagement.
- demonstrates a solid knowledge of graphic design and various social media platforms with excellent computer skills in general; experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva in an Apple OS environment.
- interest in and experience with videography and video editing is an asset.
- has experience with web content management systems, virtual event platforms, and/or online registration systems
- has experience with email marketing platforms (such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- is highly motivated and organized, able to handle shifting priorities while monitoring and tracking progress on multiple projects to keep team members informed of deadlines.
- is responsible, hard-working, and has demonstrated experience in respecting confidentiality
- is capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- has a keen attention to detail, accuracy and presentation.
- has excellent oral and written communications skills in English; additional languages are welcome and considered an asset.
How to Apply
Application deadline: 13 February 2023, at 11:59 pm EST
We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF via email to [email protected]