This role will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of THEMUSEUM’s marketing strategy to engage new and returning visitors, members, and donors. Part of the role will be responsible for assisting with digital communications, but the focus would be on the subsets of THEMUSEUM’s marketing strategy including membership and merchandise. The individual in this role will execute the new membership strategy to cultivate and steward a solid membership base for THEMUSEUM and oversee the operation of THESTORE by assisting with sales and reporting of sales & inventory. This is a forward-facing role, primarily based on the floor of THEMUSEUM at the membership desk or in THESTORE.
- Write social media content for THEMUSEUM’s social channels.
- Review ongoing social strategies through analytics review and detailed reporting.
- Manage THEMUSEUM’s bi-weekly newsletter communications to an audience of over 30,000 subscribers.
- Provide marketing & communications support for key dates or events, capturing photographs and live social media content.
- Liaise with THEMUSEUM members and prospective members by: answering queries in a timely fashion; providing information on membership levels and associated benefits; maintaining membership records.
- Develop strategies and execute programs and events that can recruit, sustain, and enhance memberships at THEMUSEUM.
- Conduct planning and outreach to build a corporate membership program.
- Create copy for communications to members (newsletters, welcome emails, surveys)
- Share membership data and feedback from members with other development staff and colleagues in finance, marketing, and group sales to assist in their tracking, evaluation & reporting activities.
- Work across departments to determine deliverable member benefits and collaborate with the Manager of Communications on compelling membership cultivation, solicitation, renewal, and stewardship materials.
- Strategize for increasing crossovers between members and donors.
- Provide hands-on support at exhibition openings and donor or sponsor-related events.
- Ensuring merchandise is attractively presented and maintain displays as created while ensuring cleanliness of the store.
- Monitoring of inventory levels for merchandise and packaging supplies, working with retail consultant to reorder merchandise as needed.
- Preparation of daily deposit.
- Managing the online store.
- Assisting in preparation of merchandise plans and reports, as required.
- Arranging for the delivery of product via UPS, as required.
- Ensuring proper storage and labeling of items in storage.
- Monitoring visitor comments re. merchandise mix advising if any additions, or changes are needed to consultant.
- Notifying management of any inventory concerns or irregularities.
- Experience in any of these fields is an asset: social media and digital marketing, retail management, design/merchandising, sales, and customer service.
- Proficient in Roller or similar POS systems, and CRM.
- The ability to focus within a busy environment and work independently will be an asset.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to understand and be understood, attention to detail, and strong writing & editing skills.
- Experience with e-mail marketing an asset ie. MailChimp
- SmartServe Certified.