Operations & Programming Manager, Haliburton Campus
Type of Position: Administrative
Department: Haliburton School of Art + Design
Location: Haliburton, ON
Date Posted: 04-14-2022
Date Closed: Open until filled
Job ID: 2503
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Hours per Week: 37.5
Pay Band: 11
Salary Range: $87,433 to $109,292
What Are We About:
Fleming is located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes Region in Central Ontario… a beautiful place to live and work, surrounded by natural beauty and a mere 90 minutes north-east of Toronto. The College’s 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, including hundreds of international students from countries around the world, attend at campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg. Fleming offers more than 100 full-time programs in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Fine Arts, General Arts and Science, Technology, Skilled Trades, Community Development, Health, Business, and Justice as well as other Continuing Education courses.
We are also extremely proud of our more than 73,000 Fleming alumni who are contributing to their communities in the region, across the province and around the world.
What This Position is About:
Reporting to the Director, this position serves as Haliburton School of Art +Design (HSAD) campus Operations & Programming Manager, providing ongoing financial reporting, coordination, planning and operational support to the campus in a number of operational matters, including campus oversight in Haliburton and Peterborough, and its attendant financial impacts, as it pertains to the day to day operational logistics of facilities/ technological assets, support staff management, problem solving, and resolution for a broad range of operational issues as they arise.
This role is responsible for the operational oversight and success of the HSA+D Summer School/Continuing Education, and all income generating divisions of the school, including the Bookstore and Maker Space as they align with established strategic directions. Working with the Director to implement programming including budget modelling, marketing and student/client strategies, faculty content proposals, and procurement of contracts, learning opportunities, and partnerships, and leadership for all operational/logistical support.
This position has been designated as fully on-campus.
For More Information:
For a complete job description, please refer to the document found here: Job Description
Explore what Fleming College has to offer and the beautiful communities we are surrounded by. Check out Life@Fleming.
What We Are Looking For:
- 3-year degree/diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Fine Art/Design or a related program
- A minimum of 5 years of experience including the following:
◦ Experience in operations management along with recent, practical work experience in developing educational/training opportunities ideally in an academic environment with students and faculty.
◦ Knowledge of learner needs and styles.
◦ Experience with art and/or design-based programming and curriculum development.
◦ Prior experience in budget development, monitoring, and management.
◦ Prior experience in project management.
◦ Experience in staff supervisory responsibilities including recruitment, orientation, team development, goal setting/coaching, and performance-management.
◦ Excellent customer service experience with superior communications and interpersonal skills, including experience in making professional presentations to internal/external audiences.
◦ Sound judgment, effective problem-solving, and collaboration skills with the ability to assess customer/student needs.
◦ Experience in working independently and interdependently with the ability to effectively prioritize own work and that of the staff team within a collaborative work environment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the Fleming College family.
How To Apply
Internal Candidates can apply by going here: My Self Service > Recruiting > Careers or My Campus > Career Opportunities
External candidate can apply by visiting our website: www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.