The FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton is an interdisciplinary arts venue that builds community and supports art and culture as part of everyday life in Milton. We host a variety of shows and events, gallery exhibitions and art programs and workshops for individuals of all ages. Come be a part of a fun collaborative team as we celebrate our 10th Season hosting the following exciting shows; Jann Arden, Steel Magnolias, An Evening with Leahy, Ron James, Derek Edwards and a spring season full of dance competitions.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Culture, this part-time position assists with the delivery of safe, fun and inclusive recreation programs for a specific age group.
- Program implementation with a focus on quality customer experiences
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of lesson plans to meet the needs of the program level
- Assist in providing a safe and well-supervised learning environment
- Assist with the provision of a welcoming and positive atmosphere for children to actively participate and excel
- Prepare materials and program space as per lesson plan
- Set-up and take down of required equipment
- Provide guidance and oversight of volunteers
- Establish positive relationships and clear communication channels with all staff and participants
- Maintain a safe and clean facility including proper usage and use of equipment
- Proactively communicate program needs to facility operations staff and communicate any facility or equipment deficiencies to supervisor
- Evaluate situations for potential risks and proactively take action to address such risks. Communicate any action or concerns to supervisor
- Maintain communication with customer service desk to provide relevant program updates and to request support in the event of an emergency
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and handle sensitive situations with mature judgement.
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Provide supplies list to Supervisor, Recreation
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff functions.
- Maintain accurate attendance and other administrative records as required
- Report any incidents, concerns or site damage to the Coordinator, Culture
Education and Experience
- Grade 10 education
- Courses in art, early childhood education, recreation or related field preferred
- Standard First Aid and CPR C
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Basic knowledge of art, design and/or craft preferred
- Experience working with children of various age groups preferred
- Experience working with persons with disabilities preferred
- An interest in performing arts/drama/music/dance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Hourly Rate: $15.90