Hillside is looking for a person to work full-time from the week of May 16th to July 29th, 2022.
Job: Event and Marketing Assistant
Hours and wage: 7.25 hours/day at $16.00
Our ideal Event & Marketing Assistant is an organized problem-solver who keeps track of everything, doesn’t lose things, writes really well, is adept at social media, can help coordinate a marketing campaign, can handle a cash system and counting money, and is open, warm, and kind with our people. We would be particularly happy to get a flexible and resourceful self-starter who is tech-savvy.
We will need a student to participate in the varied and often hectic aspects of event planning. Tasks:
- Provide customer service to patrons, volunteers, vendors, performers, etc.
- Gather & disseminate information from front-desk emails, phone calls, & patron queries.
- Help shape and implement the marketing campaign, working in tandem with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Provide administrative support to Marketing Coordinator, Operations Manager, Volunteer Program Manager, Bookkeeper & Executive Director.
- Update website and mobile app, and assist with social media.
- Take lead on VIP & sponsor invitations & create gate books and special binders.
- Manage office volunteers.
- Assist in the creation and management of festival merchandise.
- Assist in creation of information for website and mobile app.
- Manage the parking passes, including accessible ones, and create a gate list.
- Handle the cash register, count money, and reconcile at the end of every day. Troubleshoot at the festival in a variety of areas, including merchandise, accessibility, parking and hospitality.
- Sort lost-and-found post-festival.
- Participate in all relevant pre-festival and post-festival meetings, write post-festival reports on event-assistant work and parking and assist in writing reports on promotion.
Working Conditions & Remuneration:
- Hybrid work environment: Most staff are working remotely right now because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but when it is safe to do so we will be transitioning to a hybrid work environment in an accessible office space in Guelph, Ontario. Our office is comfortable and relaxed, with a side porch and back patio. Currently, we encourage our staff to work wherever they feel most comfortable and productive, whether that is at home or at the office, but we anticipate eventually transitioning to in-office work for a couple of days per week and finally working in-office every day. This position requires a lot of communication, so the candidate should be prepared to meet over Zoom, on the phone, or in person and to collaborate extensively over email.
- A computer and office desk will be provided for in-person office work.
- Please note that Hillside has a strict COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees, contractors, volunteers, and artists.
Requirements for this summer job:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your resumé and a cover letter in one pdf document by Thursday, May 12th at midnight to Marie Zimmerman, Executive Director: [email protected]. Tell us a bit about yourself, your experience, and why you feel you would be the right addition to our team.
Hillside is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If you self-identify as belonging to a traditionally under-represented community, we invite you to address this in your cover letter.
All applications must be received by midnight Thursday, May 12th. It is hoped this position will start the week of May 16th, 2022.