- This event has passed.
October 15, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$123.02
Get a thorough introduction to the rich medium of encaustic.
This workshop is suitable for people with no experience and for those that want to get back into encaustic painting after being away for a bit.
Encaustic painting is the process of using melted and pigmented beeswax mixed with damar resin to create exciting, luminous paintings.
This 3.5 hr class (half hour break for lunch) will take you through
• mixing your own encaustic medium
• how to add pigment
• working safely with your materials
• using tools such as griddles, heat guns, propane torches
• adding other media like paper and creating texture
• playing on practice boards; you will get to take these home with you
All equipment, encaustic medium, papers, wood panel boards will be provided.
Just bring yourself and your lunch!
Small class size ensures you get some one on one time. Max 8 participants.