Happening on Friday, March 9, register for “Starting a Creative Business”, an initiative of WorkInCulture to support creative professionals of diverse artistic disciplines who are thinking about building a creative enterprise, and thus supporting the sustainability of the creative sector.
Runs from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 10C Shared Space, 42 Carden St. in Guelph. Cost is $10 and includes lunch.
This one-day workshop provides the basic tools of creating, developing and putting together a solid creative business idea that will shape the business plan. Through interactive, reflective, and writing activities that correlate with a workbook, participants get to step into the business mind frame and leave with the key components of their business more clearly defined.
Takeaways for participants
- Step into the business mind frame
- Build a bridge from creative professional to creative business
- Clarify your business idea, direction & create the base of your business plan
- Get to know your local business and creative sector supports and community
Mapping your idea / business (and building the frame of the business plan)
- Your business vision
- Your business goals
- Business Analysis
The Heart of Your Business
- The problem
- The value
- The purpose
Who are your clients?
- Creating your client avatar
Putting it all together
Panel with guest speakers sharing tips and resources