We are excited to announce a call for art submissions for our upcoming “Retrospectacle: a Garage Sale of Artistic Works”. This exhibition aims to provide an opportunity for artists with old work that is taking up space in your studio, falls outside of “recency” submission criteria for exhibition opportunities, or is maybe just a super experimental piece that falls outside of your current body of work that you would like to have the opportunity to sell.
- Eligibility: Only current members of Guelph Arts Council are eligible to submit their artwork for “Retrospectacle”. If you are not a member, you may register to become one at www.guelpharts.ca/become-a-member
- Medium: We are accepting submissions of hangable artworks only. This includes paintings, drawings, prints, photography, and mixed media works.
- Size Limitation: Artworks must be no larger than 32×32 inches, including the frame. Please ensure that your artwork has a depth of no more than 4 inches.
- Hanging Requirements: All accepted artworks must have a wire and D-ring properly affixed to the back for easy hanging.
- Artwork Limit: Each artist may submit only ONE work for consideration.
- Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 23rd at 11:59pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Works must be for sale.
- Works must have been made in 2021 or before.
- If your artwork is chosen for display, you must be available for artwork drop-off Tuesday, March 5th or Wednesday, March 6th between 9am and 3pm.
- If you are accepted and your artwork does not sell during the duration of the event, you must be available to pick your work up Tuesday, April 16th or Wednesday, April 17th between 9am and 3pm.
Selection Process: Due to limited space, we may not be able to accommodate all submitted artworks for display. Our goal is to ensure that as many artists, identities, practices, and mediums are represented.
Notification: Selected artists will be notified via email in the last week of February, 2024. If your artwork is chosen for display, you will need to be available for artwork drop off Tuesday March 5th or Wednesday March 6th between 9am and 3pm.
Submission Process: To submit your artwork for “Retrospectacle”, please follow these steps:
- Prepare the following information in the form linked here.
- Your name
- Contact information for sale of work (phone number and email address)
- Title of the artwork
- Dimensions (please include the frame size)
- An indication of whether or not you would like to facilitate your own sale or if you would like GAC to facilitate (an 8% administration fee applies to sales facilitated by GAC)
- Attach a high-quality image of your artwork. The image should accurately represent the piece you are submitting.
- By submitting your artwork, you grant Guelph Arts Council the right to use images of your artwork for promotional purposes related to “Retrospectacle: a Garage Sale of Artistic Works”.
- Artists are responsible for the transportation of their artwork to and from the artBar
We appreciate your participation and look forward to showcasing the talents of our members to the community. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please contact Madeleine Avery at [email protected].