Application Deadline: Until position is filled.
Guelph Arts Council (GAC) is seeking a dynamic arts administrator who can provide leadership and management support for the vision, mission, values, goals, and policies established by the GAC Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of GAC’s programs, services, and operations, including financial management, communications, advocacy, human resources, and the day-to-day management of the organization, staff, and volunteers. The Executive Director will work with the Board to develop strategic plans and, with staff, to develop and manage operational plans. As an innovator, the successful candidate will write grant applications, develop and steward partnerships with stakeholders, and play a vital role in revenue generation activities. As a confident spokesperson and relationship builder, the Executive Director will represent GAC and the local arts community.
– Proven leadership with a not-for-profit arts organization
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to manage finances including program and operational budgets and forecasting
– Grant writing, reporting and fundraising experience
– Outstanding time management skills
– Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
– Experience working with Board, volunteer, and staff teams
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google suites
– Experience with communications and media relations is an asset
– Experience with QuickBooks, CADAC, WordPress, and Sumac is an asset
Established in 1975, GAC is a not-for-profit, charitable community arts council with a mission to champion and grow opportunities for Guelph’s creative community through communications, resources for learning, and cultural programs and partnerships.
This position is 35 hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours as required. The annual salary range is $50,000 to $53,000 plus a benefits package. GAC is located in downtown Guelph, Ontario.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter to Guelph Arts Council’s Hiring Committee at [email protected] by 5pm on May 27, 2022.
We thank all applicants for this position but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Guelph Arts Council invites applications from all qualified individuals. We strive to be inclusive of BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, newcomer, youth, low-income, D/deaf people, and people with disabilities in all our employment practices.
If you face any barriers to applying, please contact the Hiring Committee at [email protected] or 519-836-3280.