Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Creative Industries is currently seeking qualified professionals to teach courses part-time starting September 2024 in the Game Art program.
- Digital Art I
- Creating the Story
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. Conestoga offers classes Monday to Sunday from 7:00 am – 10:00 pm, both in-person and online.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Diploma in 2D Art, Game Art, Animation, or a related field; Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum five years experience as a 2D Artist, preferably in games
- Proficient with 2D asset creation software such as Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Experience with various art styles such as pixel and vector art is an asset
- Experience with storyboarding is an asset
- A strong portfolio of work which showcases the applications you have worked on and includes examples of your storytelling skills
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is an asset
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L, Zoom) is an asset
- Strong leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.